- Mix 2 packets of Kool-Aid with 1 cup of white vinegar. ( I think next time I would do 4 packets for the yellow.)
Add 2 cups very hot (almost boiling) water and stir in 1 yard of silk. It's amazing how you can literally see the silk drinking up the color.
- Once most of the color has been soaked up from the mixture, rinse under cold water, one by one, ringing until it runs clear.
- Hang to dry.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
I bought this silk from Dharma Trading way before Christmas and never got around to dying it. My son and I finally did it together and it was super easy. After reading about 10 different methods, this is how we dyed the fabric:
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
This fun mixture goes back and forth from solid to liquid.
- Mix 1/3 cup of water and 5 drops of food coloring (optional - if you use color fingers will pick it up) in a small bowl.
- Slowly add 3/4 cup of corn starch to water but do not stir.
- Let mixture stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Play, play, play.