Tuesday, June 26, 2012
This has become my signature chicken salad and it's always a big hit! This recipe feeds a crowd, but you can divide it for a smaller recipe.
3 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 chicken leg quarters
4 stalks celery - finely diced
8 oz. cashews
6 oz. dried cranberries
salt, pepper, garlic & basil to taste
- Poach, roast or boil chicken just until cooked through.
- Clean leg quarters off the bone. Cut chicken into 1/2" cubes.
- Add in cranberries, celery and cashews.
- Add in seasonings and enough mayo to moisten, but not to overwhelm.
- Mix thoroughly and chill.
- Serve on your choice of bread, crackers, salad greens or on it's own.
I think it's even better the second day. We eat this year round, but it's great on a hot summer day.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Red - Peppers
Orange - Carrots
Yellow - Squash
Green - Spinach, Romaine
Blue - Blueberries
Indigo/Violet - Grapes, Dried Cranberries
Delicious tossed with a homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette!