Thursday, March 6, 2014
4 Summer Squash
3 slices of Bacon
4 oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar + extra to top with
4 oz Sour Cream
1/2 Medium Onion
Salt & Pepper
-Bring a pot of water to boil & toss in squash whole. Boil6-8 min until squash starts to soften.
-Drain and allow to cool.
- Dice bacon and onion and saute until onions are browned and bacon is crisp.
- Slice squash in half long ways and scoop out the middle into a mixing bowl. Line the squash shells on a baking sheet.
- Mix the bacon, onion, sour cream, salt (I don't measure - guessing 1/2 tsp?) & cheddar with the scooped out portion of the squash and spoon mixture into the squash shells.
- Top with additional cheese and fresh cracked pepper.
- Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes until top is brown and bubbly.